DONT MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH ONE OF THE BEST IMPROVISATION TEACHERS FROM LOS ANGELES.
Book now – limited places!!
Suitable for adults and teens!
Improvisation, or improv, is a form of live theatre in which the plot, characters and dialogue of a game, scene or story are made up in the moment.
Improv is often used in the audition and rehearsal process.The ability to improvise is an essential part of an actors tool kit.
In this intensive you will develop your Improvisation skills through a series of workshop exercises, scene study, and performance games that build confidence, pique curiosity and deepen the imagination.
On the final night there will be an Improv performance for family and friends where you will amaze them with your newly developed skills!
See what students from Pat’s last Improv Workshop had to say….
Fee: $675.00 (Deposit of $200 required to hold your place)
What the Workshop will include..
- An Introduction to the art of improvisation including examination of the “rules” of improv and their importance
- Ice-breaking and imagination-expanding exercises to introduce the concepts of team work and interdependence amongst performers (group dynamic)
- Scene study and exercises covering the first two major story-making elements of improvisation.
- Character/Relationship (spontaneously creating characters through body work/movement
- Environment (using mime and “space work”) and how both elements dictate and impacts story
- Performance games covering the last three elements of improvisation: conflict (the unsolved problem) raising the stakes (deepening the story) and story resolution
- Incorporating the rules of improvisation (no questions, no denials, creating realities, commitment, eye contact, listening techniques)
- Improvisation performance on the final day